Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Decided to read a book on MVC

I've decided that I should read a book on .NET MVC. I'm at a crossroads for which one to get though. There is Professional ASP.Net MVC 5 from Wrox (which I commonly call the red books) and Pro ASP.Net MVC 5 (Expert's Voice in ASP.Net), which is from the publisher Apress (whose Expert's Voice series I refer to as the black books). I have Professional ASP.Net 4.0 in C# and Visual Basic from Wrox and I really thought it was good, so my initial reaction is to go with the red book. But what if the other one is better? I decided to look up the authors for each book. The red book version of MVC has four writers, Jon Galloway, Brad Wilson, K. Scott Allen, and David Matson. The black book version has only one writing credit, Adam Freeman. After a very quick search, it seems like the better choice is the red book. Adam Freeman has written a lot of books, but the other authors, at least Galloway and Matson seem more active with podcasts and blogs. I could be wrong, it was a very quick one minute goggle search on each author. I'm going to go with the red book for now, but I would be interested in getting the black book too and seeing the differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment